Click here to list films alphabetically
Click here for festival schedule
- Hard Rockin’ Double-Bill!
Classic Stones film plus “Mystery Sneak Peek” of new rock doc!
Stones film producer & longtime associate Ron Shapiro in-person!
Saturday October 6, 2007 - 7:30pm
Aero Theatre, Santa Monica
- MYSTERY SNEAK PEEK!
- (2007, 120 mins, ?!?, Directed by ?!?)
- For legal reasons, this film must remain unidentified until 7:30pm on the day we screen it! Given the sterling reputation that the Mods & Rockers Film Festival has earned over the years for premiering wonderful films featuring The Beatles, Stones, Who, Pink Floyd, Cream, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Dylan, Zappa etc etc - attendees are not likely to be disappointed by the "Mystery Sneak Peek!" This sneak preview will be the very first public screening of this phenomenal film. Your friends will be envious that you saw it first! We are sworn to secrecy but we can give you one very big clue and assurance. The film is amazing - and it is NOT about Menudo!
Discussion before “Gimme Shelter” with producer (and longtime Stones associate) Ron Shapiro
ON US TV!
- GIMME SHELTER
- (1970, 91 mins, Janus Films, Directed by Albert & David Mayles)
- The celebrated film of The Rolling Stones’ 1969 US tour that culminated in the cataclysm at Altamont. Also features Jefferson Airplane and The Flying Burrito Brothers. What was initially conceived as a Rolling Stones concert film became, by unhappy circumstance, a riveting eye-witness document of The Day The Music Died (again). It captured on celluloid the ugly events that transpired when the ‘Prague Spring’ of the free-love sixties crashed into the ugly reality of human failings that lay just beneath the surface. The Rolling Stones’ free concert at the Altamont Speedway in December 1969 was the Dionysian downer that sneered at, and ultimately destroyed, the Apollonian highs of 1967’s Monterey Festival and the 3-day love-fest held at Woodstock just 5 months prior to Altamont - in July of 1969. It was the wake-up call that told the hippie generation that (alas) their Dream Was Over... (On the other hand - the Stones performance is still satanically majestic!)
TICKETS 101 - How To Buy Festival Tickets
Return to The Mods & Rockers Homepage
Copyright © 2007 Springtime!