Click here to list films alphabetically
Click here for festival schedule
- 40th Anniversary Tribute to Otis Redding
World Theatrical Premiere of new full-length documentary
Includes 16 rarely-seen musical performances
Otis Redding's widow Zelma, Mar-Keys trumpeter Wayne Jackson and Stax Records historian Rob Bowman in-person
Monday October 8, 2007 - 8:00pm
Egyptian Theatre, Hollywood
- DREAMS TO REMEMBER: THE LEGACY OF OTIS REDDING
- (2007, 91 mins, Reelin’ In The Years Prods., Directed by David Peck & Phillip Galloway)
- A brand-new film celebrating the life and career of Otis Redding incorporating 16 classic full-length performances (many not seen in over 40 years) including ultra-rare footage of his last-ever appearance just two days before his death. Also features interviews with legendary songwriting collaborator/guitarist Steve Cropper (of Booker T. & The MGs), trumpeter Wayne Jackson (of the Stax studio session band The Mar-Keys), Stax Records founder Jim Stewart and Redding’s widow Zelma.
Discussion between films with Zelma Redding, Wayne Jackson and Rob Bowman
ON US TV!
- STAX REVUE 1967
- (2007, 78 mins, Reelin’ In The Years Prods.)
- As part of our tribute to Otis Redding we are presenting an encore screening of this platinum gem tha was recently unearthed in the vaults of Norwegian TV. Prior to receiving its US Premiere in the Mods & Rockers Festival in July, this show had never been seen in the US! It’s the only known full-length film of the legendary 1967 Stax Revue - the European tour that sparked the soul revolution. Beautifully shot with multiple cameras in a controlled studio environment with quality sound - we get to experience the excitement that Otis Redding, Sam & Dave, Arthur Conley, Booker T. & The MGs brought to Europe in that halcyon tour. The film has been digitally-restored. It features the entirety of Otis Redding's five-song set.
ON US TV!
TICKETS 101 - How To Buy Festival Tickets
Return to The Mods & Rockers Homepage
Copyright © 2007 Springtime!