Click here to list films alphabetically
Click here for festival schedule
- World Premiere!
Neil Innes In-Person!
Double-Bill Delight For Fans of Monty Python, The Rutles and The Bonzo Dog Band!
Thursday June 26, 2008 - 7:30pm
Egyptian Theatre, Hollywood
- THE SEVENTH PYTHON
- (2008, 94 mins, Frozen Pictures, Directed by Burt Kearns)
- 40 years after he made his film debut in the Beatles' "Magical Mystery Tour" as a founder-member of the legendary Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, the gloriously unplanned career of Neil Innes is spotlighted in this new documentary. Featuring appearances by all five surviving members of Monty Python. "You've got to remember that the Bonzos did 26 television shows with Eric Idle, Michael Palin, Terry Jones, and Terry Gilliam. I think Eric's acknowledged that there was an influence from the Bonzos in terms of the anarchy. There is a link... When the band first met Eric and Mike and Terry and whatnot, there was a certain mutual suspicion, 'cause we were crazy guys just coming off the road. And they'd come from Oxford and Cambridge, and they'd written stuff for David Frost, and they were young, up-and-coming writers... It was a kind of cross-fertilization that took place over a couple of years. We all became very good friends." Neil Innes Website: www.theseventhpythonmovie.com
- THE BONZO DOG DOO-DAH BAND 40TH ANNIVERSARY CONCERT
- (2007, 89 mins, Classic Rock Legends)
- The year 2006 marked the 40th anniversary of the release of "My Brother Makes The Noises For the Talkies" - the first record by The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band. For the first time since the group broke up in the early 1970s, a stage once again resounded to the inspired flights of lunacy of the Bonzos favorites performed live. Some of the songs included: "Urban Spaceman" (their 1968 hit - produced by Paul McCartney), "Canyons Of Your Mind," "The Intro and Outro," "Mr. Apollo", "Monster Mash," "My Brother Makes The Noises For The Talkies," "The Trouser Press," and many more! Guest performers filling in for iconic vocalist Viv Stanshall (who died in 1995) include British comics Stephen Fry, Adrian Edmondson, Phill Jupitus and Paul Merton.
Plus Rutles and Bonzo Dog film and TV rarities
Discussion between films with Neil Innes
- Musicians & Composers (seen and/or heard):
• Neil Innes • Bob Kerr • Legs' Larry Smith • Roger Ruskin Spear • Sam Spoons
- Actors/Directors/Producers/Cultural Icons:
• John Cleese • Adrian Edmondson • Stephen Fry • Terry Gilliam • Eric Idle • Terry Jones • Phill Jupitus • Paul Merton • Michael Palin
TICKETS 101 - How To Buy Festival Tickets
Return to The Mods & Rockers Homepage
Copyright © 2008 Springtime!