Click here to list films alphabetically
Click here for festival schedule
- The Who and Jimi Hendrix Live On Film!
Entire sets from their historic last show together!
PLUS ultra-rare Who outtakes!
Saturday August 28, 2010 - 7:30 pm
The Egyptian Theatre, Hollywood
- JIMI HENDRIX: BLUE WILD ANGEL
- (2002, 80 mins, MLF, Directed by Murray Lerner)
- Three years after their historic breakthrough appearances on the same bill at the 1967 Monterey Festival, and one year after their triumphant performances at 1969's Woodstock Festival, the Who and Jimi Hendrix found themselves on the same festival lineup for one last time - at the 1970 Isle Of Wight Festival. The Hendrix show turned out to be his last-ever major performance because he died just 18 days later. Murray Lerner captured both artists in full-flight. These films feature digitally-restored film and audio (both mixed into mind-blowing 5.1). The evening will have a fun twist as we stage a replay of the famous 1967 coin-toss between Jimi Hendrix and Pete Townshend as to which artist would perform first at Monterey. (Neither act wanted to perform second figuring that the other act's theatrics would be tough to follow.) Hendrix producer Eddie Kramer and Who engineer Cy Langston will toss a coin in front of the audience to determine which act's film goes first! PLUS RARE WHO OUTTAKES!
Conversation with Eddie Kramer (audio engineer/producer for Jimi Hendrix), Cy Langston (audio technician for The Who) and filmmaker Murray Lerner. Moderated by Mods & Rockers founder/producer Martin Lewis
- THE WHO: LISTENING TO YOU
- (2004, 80 mins, MLF, Directed by Murray Lerner)
- Rock Musicians:
- Roger Daltry • John Entwistle • Jimi Hendrix • The Jimi Hendrix Experience • Mitch Mitchell • Keith Moon • Noel Redding • Pete Townshend • The Who
TICKETS 101 - How To Buy Festival Tickets
Return to The Mods & Rockers Homepage
Copyright © 2010 Springtime!