Click here to list films alphabetically
Click here for festival schedule
- Los Angeles Premiere of acclaimed Leonard Cohen concert film!
45th Annversary of Dylan Going Electric - Caught On Film!
World Premiere Of Three Never-Seen-Before Dylan Performances!
Folk, Blues & Roots Triple-Bill Extravaganza!
Sunday August 29, 2010 - 7:30 pm
Aero Theatre, Santa Monica
- LEONARD COHEN: LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT
- (2009, 65 mins, MLF, Directed by Murray Lerner)
- Legendary performance 40 years ago in which the then 35-year-old Cohen held a crowd of 600,000 spellbound for an hour-long show that started at 4am. The best film document of Cohen's early period - the film includes major hits such as "Suzanne", "So Long Marianne", "The Stranger Song", "Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye", "Diamonds In The Mine", "Famous Blue Raincoat" - with Cohen backed by his group The Army - led by Cohen, Dylan and Simon & Garfunkel producer Bob Johnston
Conversation with filmmaker Murray Lerner and Mods & Rockers founder/producer Martin Lewis
- BOB DYLAN: THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MIRROR
- (2007, 83 mins, MLF, Directed by Murray Lerner)
- This film documents the remarkably swift metamorphosis of Bob Dylan from scrawny Guthrie-inspired protest singer to Ray-Banned rock icon in just 24 months. Drawing from hours of previously-unseen footage he shot over several years at the Newport Folk Festival in the early-to-mid sixties, Lerner documents Dylan's development from his first Newport appearance in the summer of 1963, through his legendary 1964 performances to his historic and controversial 1965 appearance unveiling his new rock-star incarnation and electric band. PLUS PREVIOUSLY UNSEEN DYLAN PERFORMANCES!
- (1967, 90 mins, MLF, Directed by Murray Lerner)
- Murray Lerner chronicled all the major artists at the Newport Folk Festival 1962-1966 - and his Oscar-nominated documentary illustrates how the festival was one of the crucibles in which the early 60s folk and blues boom evolved into the folk-rock, blues-rock and psychedelic counter-culture of the late 60s. Includes Dylan, Joan Baez, Donovan, Judy Collins, Johnny Cash, Pete Seeger, Odetta plus blues legends Mississippi John Hurt, Son House, Howlin' Wolf, Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee and many more!
- Rock Musicians:
- Peter, Paul & Mary • The Army (Leonard Cohen's band) • Joan Baez • Theodore Bikel • Mike Bloomfield • Johnny Cash • Leonard Cohen • Judy Collins • Donovan • Bob Dylan • Mimi & Richard Farina • Barry Goldberg • Son House • Mississippi John Hurt • Al Kooper • Kris Kristofferson • Odetta • Buffy Sainte-Marie • Pete Seeger • The Staple Singers • Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee • Howlin' Wolf
TICKETS 101 - How To Buy Festival Tickets
Return to The Mods & Rockers Homepage
Copyright © 2010 Springtime!